Promoting our culture
We are proud of who we are. We work to promote Basque culture and to help standardise the Basque language in both the workplace and locally.
We work with and for the Basque language
We have a steadfast commitment to the Basque language, the oldest language in Europe, and we work to ensure that this language can be used in all social and business relations. Promoting the use of the Basque language is part of our strategic plan, encouraging it to be learnt and creating opportunities to use it.
We offer resources to ensure that worker-owners can learn and improve their level of Basque.
Comprehension is the key to ensuring that it spreads throughout the organisation.
EWe encourage the use of Basque in the working environment in two ways:
- Giving exclusivity to certain linguistic functions
- Encouraging improvement plans based on co-responsibility towards this shared project
Those of us who work at Fagor Ederlan see ourselves as one of the best helpmates for this minority language.
From words to deeds
Four of our plants in the Basque Country have been awarded the BIKAIN silver certificate by the Basque Government, accrediting the average level of standardisation concerning the presence, use and management of the Basque language by Fagor Ederlan.
- 2013 Fagor Ederlan Central Offices
- 2014 Eskoriatza and Aretxabaleta Aluminium High Pressure Die Casting
- 2014 Edertek Technology Centre
- 2016 Eskoriatza Iron Foundry